It is Waxy Wednesday again. It is fast becoming my favorite part of the week, even though I am melting wax pretty much every day these days (my goal is to empty my wax box this year).
The first smell to tickle my nose was mint, especially when it was cold. It reminded me slightly of the Candy Cane Cupcake scent from Xmas two years ago, but less sweet. I think this scent will be a crowd pleaser. The minty sniff, cold and warm, will be really nice once the weather warms up. If you pop the tart from the tub, you smell that pepperminty pink on top and something a little tart in the green bottom. Maybe it is sour apple? I feel like, for me, this is an "upstairs scent". I keep a small warmer in my bathroom (where litter box #2 is) and I try to keep it full of cleaner scents like this one. When I warmed it, I didn't get any of that tart smell...just the sweet minty scent.
- cure time: I don't know. Vapid generally puts a date on the packaging, but I have had this in my stash at least a year now, and my little tub has no date.
- texture: kinda soft, epecially compared to other Vapid Waxes
- color/appearance: two layers of color: highlighter watermelon pink and medium soft green. It's like the best ugly-color combo. The very bottom has a sprinkling of iridescent shimmer.
- throw: decent throw. It has a nice slightly sweet mint scent that lingers well after you turn the burner off.
- cost per ounce: $1.25. If I remember right, this was $2.25 when I bought it.
- repurchase: I might. My husband hates sweet things, and this might be minty enough for him. I liked it, but I don't know that I adored this scent.