My meltventures continue! Today I have my in-depth noob review of a new-to-me brand, Vibrant Vinyls. Back around Christmas, I was in search of a tree-scented wax. I love having a fake tree, but I miss that smell. You know the one, that crisp green fresh tree smell. I made a post in a smallish facebook group, and this brand was recommended to me.
This was a tiny sample thrown in with my first order. I don't generally gravitate towards scents like this, but I will never kick a free sample out of bed. It was about the size of a quarter, and decently thick. I loved the little present look, and the kids were excited to see this one melt. I think the shaped melts are more fun for my offspring than the scoopables or clamshells.
When you first open the wee bag, you get that "chocolate" smell. Not "open a fresh candy bar that you don't have to share" but "chocolate scented school supplies from 5th grade." It isn't my favorite smell, but damned if I didn't wrap myself in nostalgia at that first sniff. Warming offers no surprises, and what you snuffled is what you got. I definitely appreciate that, because I do like knowing what I'll get when I start out.
- texture: solid. firm. Not sticky at all and traveled really well.
- throw: good. Within the first 10 minutes, I could smell it across the downstairs. After half an hour it had made its way upstairs and into every room. But it was never overpowering or obnoxious.
- color/appearance: this was a rich, ruddy brown with a few errant sparkles here and there. It was shaped like a little gift, which is why the tiny humans picked it first.
- cost per ounce: n/a. This was a freebie with my order.
- repurchase: not this scent. Like I said, it isn't my favorite scent. But based on the looks and quality of scent, I will definitely repurchase something from this brand.
Live melt? But of course.
So my first melt wasn't a smash out of the park. No biggie. I was impressed by the trueness of the scent and by the throw, so I consider it a win anyway. The quality is there, and I am excited to melt more from this brand. Vibrant Vinyls is known for nail art supplies, but the wax is worth checking out too.