Top Shelf Lacquer has been dabbling in the Polish Pickup for the last few months. When I saw this wax brick in the listings, I figured this was as good a time as any to give them a try. Worst case, I used it once and passed it on to a wax-crazed friend. Happily for me, I loved it.
This wax melt came from the December Polish Pickup, which was Holiday themed. The inspo for this was New Year's Eve, and the traditional toast most folks enjoy at the stroke of midnight. I was kinda worried when I first saw it, because I generally don't adore sweeter fruit scents...and my husband abhors them with a firey passion. But this has sandalwood to it, which he loves, so I hoped this would temper it. When it is cold, it is very fruity and bright. I didn't get any sandalwood, but it was a lot softer than I anticipated. Once warmed, I got a snuggly hug from this melt. I got a very satin and marabou feathers and boudior vibe from this one. I hope it is available again, because this would be a fabulous Valentine's Day scent.
- texture: very solid. hard. not at all squishy nor sticky. Makes for very easy breaks.
- color/appearance: strawberry and cream pink. sparse iridescent shimmers/flakes
- throw: fabulous. 10 minutes in, and it had made it across my entire downstairs. It was pervasive, but not heavy or obnoxious.
- cost per ounce: $1.67. I paid $4.50 for this 2.7oz brick, and I will get 6-12 uses, depending on how much I heat at once.
- repurchase: if this scent comes back, I absolutely will buy it.
I did a quick video of the melt. I love watching these videos, and you're all going to suffer with me until I get bored of it.
You can see the clouds passing in this video, which is frankly my favorite part.
The tl;dr is that when my no-low buy breaks, I will definitely be trying another scent from this brand.